Okay, now that I’ve got your attention…
I’ve been debating about what new picture I could use in my various online profiles, including here, on my own site. I don’t like the idea of someone else taking the picture, because I’m a photographer, so I should be able to take it , right? Well, self-portraits are easier said than done, so this will be a challenging, but rewarding project for me. Not only will I end up with a plethora of profile pictures to choose from, but I will be able to put my skills to the test on a regular basis.
So, where do you come in? Once someone else, besides me, is involved, then I am much more determined to get something done. It’s kind of like turning in your homework on time because you don’t want to disappoint your teacher. I don’t want to disappoint you, so give me an assignment!
I want you to suggest a theme for me. This will be a monthly assignment, so I may get multiple suggestions and I won’t be able to use them all. However, if I am lacking in good theme ideas, I can always pull from previous suggestions. I say “good” because, well, I get to be the final judge of what I will subject myself to. Seems fair to me 😉 .
When you’re making a suggestion, please keep a few things in mind:
- Supplies – I am not rich! To make a theme a theme, I will likely need some props. But I will beg, borrow, and buy some props within reason.
- Location – It does not snow here much, it is not sunny here much, it is mostly rainy and gloomy. Okay, so not always, but just consider the weather, that’s all. 🙂
- My pride – I am a photographer, and I would rather be behind the camera. For the sake of a photography project, I am making an exception. In other words, go easy on me!
- I want to be fair to everyone, so if you have a great suggestion, but I chose yours the previous month, I’ll try to pick someone else. This, of course, is assuming anyone is even interested in this little contest, if you can call it that.
I may add to the list if I come across anymore obstacles that I would like to avoid in the future.
I will take suggestions throughout each month to use in various profiles of the following month. You can email, Facebook, Twitter, or comment your suggestion. It doesn’t matter. I will choose one and thank the person who suggested it. I guess it is kind of like a contest, except that you’re winning a picture of me. Maybe not so exciting, but hey, it’s all I’ve got!
As my very first themed self-portrait, Christmas may have been a bit too obvious. I had all the props already though, so why not? I may leave this one up for about a month as my profile, just because I’m posting it so late this month. But I will always have it here as a sort of reference. Here is my final choice:
Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!
Teresa Howe - Hmm, next month – hiking in Arizona!
traciehowe - Would be awesome, but I can’t go there until at least March. 🙁
Jackie - I like the Christmas shot. I would like to challenge you to pick a picture of Kristen Dunst and try to take a photo of yourself and try to get as close as you can to the original photo. :o)
Jonathan Tom - Here’s my thoughts:
1. Hanging around (literally or figuratively).
2. Doing something we, your adoring fans, would never expect of you.
3. Heavily backlit (but not a silhouette).
Hope that’s abstract enough… 😉
International Spy self-portrait » Tracie Howe Photography - […] Rotating self-portrait profiles with themes suggested by you! […]