A Investment in Memories
When you hire a professional photographer, you’re commissioning an artist. Don’t forget the end product!
Digital files are often forgotten on the computer. Be sure to ask about my archival prints and personalized wall art when booking.
Portrait work typically includes families, kids, seniors, and sometimes boudoir.
*Sorry, no newborns anymore. Baby shoots start at 6 months. *
If you missed them, check out my portrait galleries, here.
Portrait session pricing
Starts at $475 and includes the following:
- A photo session – lasting up to 1 hour on location.
- 10 digital files.
- An online gallery available for 2 weeks after release of photos.
*Weekend shoots in the summer require an additional $300 fee… sorry, it’s also my wedding season!*
*Payment plans are available.*
Available add-ons (fees for most of the following will vary depending on the shoot):
- Remote locations/extra travel time outside of Seattle metro area or Snohomish
- Extra session time/extra files ($225/30 minutes extra + 3 files)
- Extra digital files to purchase ($50/extra file)
- Printed products – archival prints from wallet to 16×20, canvas, framed canvas(!), bamboo standouts, and other specialty products. I can bring samples to the shoot if you’re interested.
- Hairstyling and/or makeup
- Studio rental
*For parties and other non-wedding events, please click here.
Before you book
If you know a bit more before reaching out, that will save us all a little time. 😉
- How does this work?
- Contact me! – Once you’ve read over this, the next step is to shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . It’s helpful if you send me the when and where as I mention below.
- Booking – Once we agree on a date and time, I will ask for your session payment up front to reserve your date and time. I accept payments by check (yep, snail mail!) or PayPal, which requires an additional 2.5% credit card processing fee. After I send you the invoice, I will put a courtesy hold on the date for 72 hours to give you time to make the payment.
- Preparing for the shoot – I’ll send you some tips on what to wear and what to bring.
- The shoot – We meet at the agreed upon spot and have fun! There’s really not much to it. I want you to be yourselves and enjoy your time.
- Editing – After the shoot I will lightly edit your 10 best photos (based on my discretion as the artist). I also offer 1 free retouch upon request, which is a bit more involved, like removing small things from the photo. Some examples are retouching out a dirt that you sat in during the shoot, tiny people in the background, acne, etc. Not all things are possible, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. After the 1 free retouch, I charge $15/per additional retouched photo.
- Post-shoot communication – After I am done with basic edits, I will release them to your online gallery. You will have two weeks from then to make retouching decisions, share online, purchase archival prints from the gallery, or order anything else through me directly. You will also have the option to see any additional photos that I’ve edited from your session, but you have 24 hours (after the request) to decide whether to purchase any of those or not. *Please note that the additional files will be available for viewing at a smaller resolution with a large watermark.*
- Delivery – Once all decisions have been made, a USB drive with your digital files and any additional purchases will be mailed to you.
With the exception of boudoir sessions, most of my shoots are outside. You may pick your own location, but please run it by me first before getting your heart set on it. Some locations may look pretty in person, but they don’t photograph well or have other challenges you might not have considered. You may also ask me to pick a location. You can tell me what sorts of places you like (ie: woodsy, city view, etc.) or go ahead and choose from one of my tried and true locations before emailing. *Please note that some of these will only work at certain times of the day, most often within 1.5 hours before sunset.*
Here are my suggestions if you just want to pick one:
- Seattle Waterfront
- Alki waterfront (city side of the point)
- Woodland Park Zoo (+entrance fee)
- Hiram M. Chittenden Locks / Ballard Locks
- Upper Discovery Park
- Discovery Park beach
- Gasworks Park
- Golden Gardens
- Lincoln Park
- St. Edwards State Park
- Bothell Landing
If you have a special location in mind that is outside of the Seattle metro area (or Snohomish since I live there now), I charge an extra fee depending on the distance and fees associated with it (for example a park entrance fee or ticket price). I can also recommend unique, off the beaten path locations that may interest you. If you’re curious about what places I know, check out my partner blog which covers many WA locations here: www.tracietravels.com . Please let me know what you’re thinking and I’ll be happy to work something out!
- What day?
Please send me 3-5 dates that you have in mind. The wetter 9 months of the year may require us to book multiple backup dates, so please be ready with several. Please plan well ahead to ensure that I am available.
*I’m sorry, but since I shoot weddings too, I can only book portrait sessions on weekdays in the summer unless you’re okay with my weekend fee of an extra $300.*
- What time?
Please keep in mind that good photos require the best light possible. This usually means early morning shoots or evening shoots (about 1-1.5 hours before sunset). If you want that beautiful background behind you, this part is pretty important. Please let me know what times you will be available on the dates you give me.
Now, all you have to do is contact me at email@example.com ! If you have any questions, I’m happy to help you out.
Click the contact link in the menu above.
You may leave me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (425)231-7331. Please expect to leave a voicemail with details about your session, your phone number, and a good time to call you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!