Family vacation photography is the new thing to do when you vacation in Seattle!
Imagine taking a vacation to a beautiful place, which Seattle is of course, and having professional photos documenting your family fun. And your normal designated family picture taker, usually mom or dad, gets to be IN the photos this time! Well, that’s my specialty, so read more to get all the info you need!
Some things to consider before you contact me (I promise, this important to read) :
1. First, this is a special session, reserved only for visitors to Seattle. My regular family photography packages and policies won’t apply. As Seattle tourists, you have unique needs and limitations, and I want to be able to accommodate those, but let’s keep it simple! No need for any extra stress during your vacation!
2. You can pick a location before emailing me about the shoot.
Here is my list of popular, must see tourist spots that you may already be planning to visit:
- Seattle Waterfront
- Alki Beach
- Pike Place Market
- Space Needle/ Seattle Center (+entrance fee)
- Woodland Park Zoo (+entrance fee)
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Kerry Park (as an add on 30 minutes only)
- Hiram M. Chittenden Locks / Ballard Locks
Here is my list of wonderful, amazing, scenic, lesser known (to tourists) locations that are great for photos:
- Upper Discovery Park
- Discovery Park beach (time sensitive)
- Gasworks Park
- Golden Gardens
- Lincoln Park
However, if you have a special location in mind or want to add on a walking tour, I charge an extra $50-200 depending on the distance and fees associated with it. I also can offer even quieter, off the beaten path locations that may interest you. Check out my partner blog which covers many WA locations here: www.tracietravels.com . Please let me know what you’re thinking and I’ll be happy to work something out!
3. Give me the dates that you’ll be visiting Seattle, and let me know whether you are flexible on when you do the shoot or not. Please plan well ahead to ensure that I am available. Weekends tend to book up the fastest! Please keep in mind that good photos require the best light possible. This usually means early morning shoots or evening shoots (about 1.5 hours before sunset). If you want that beautiful background behind you, this part is pretty important, but I understand that your time here is limited. Once we agree on a date and time, I will ask for your payment up front to reserve your time.
4. Packages start at $525 for one hour of photography, one location, and 15 digital files. You can choose to add on another location, 30 more minutes (not including transit time), and 10 more digital files for an additional $250. Want prints? No problem. I always provide a gallery of ALL lightly edited photos from which you can share and print. If you want large prints or a book of images, I can send you my a la carte price list.
5. All of my vacation family sessions happen outside. Hopefully, you are visiting Seattle during the summer, the best time to be for good weather. However, if luck is not on your side and it rains on your shoot day, I can tentatively reschedule if our schedules allow for it during your vacation. If not, all of your money will be refunded, but only in the case of rain. We in Seattle experience light drizzle quite often in the winter, so be prepared to continue with the shoot in this case. We may also be able to slip inside a local cafe for a real Seattle coffee experience. 😉
6. Finally, let it be known that not only am I an experienced portrait and wedding photographer, but I also spend a lot of time exploring Seattle’s best places. I can show you around your chosen location, as a casual guide, while documenting your experience (candidly) here. Given your ability and desire to do so, we will walk, covering as much ground as you want during your allotted time. This way you can see as much as possible while you are with me. Whenever I see a good spot for photos, we can stop for a more posed shot.
Now, all you have to do is contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org ! If you have any questions, I’m happy to help you out.